Sunday, January 7, 2018

Game Time Tangling

I hadn't dabbled with my Zentangle supplies in a long time.  I thought this afternoon's game would be a good opportunity to play with some tangles.  
The Buffalo Bills had finally broken a 17 year drought last week, and made it to the playoffs.  This was the first game of the playoffs for them.  I knew today was going to be a tense game, so figured I'd better get myself focused on something else.  What better to create focus than Zentangle?!

As it turns out,  our beloved Bills lost.  It was sad, sure, but life goes on.  There will be other games, other playoffs, and hopefully more wins.  But at the end of the day, it's all a part of the grand scheme of things.  So, they lost.  They will pick themselves up, brush themselves off, and go out and try again.  They will learn from their mistakes, and give it their all.  Again and again.  And their true blue fans will be there, cheering them on again.  

I can't help but think of the lessons I, we, can learn from this.  We can let life's bumps and grinds bring us down, and give up.  Or, we can look around and see the people who count on us, who are there, standing by us no matter what, and try again.  We can learn from our past, and move forward, with determination and positivity.  

I hope this is the lesson my grandchildren will learn when they watch their favorite teams and influential people.  When Keeley competes at her dance competitions, and Kennedy plays her hockey games, may they always do it for the love of playing, of dancing, of expressing themselves.  And if they should win, we will be there cheering.  And if they don't, well, we will still be there cheering.  

But, I digress.  Back to my tangle.  I had difficulty focusing, as I kept looking up at the game, but I did finish it.  I used the tangles Fescu, Perfs, and Toodles, which are original Zentangle tangles.   I also used Cruffle, by Sandy Hunter.

I have been busy with design team work lately for card making.  I need to make more time for tangling.  It is the one activity that settles my mind, and helps keep me calm and focused.  I have missed that.  I will make a little time every day for some tangling.  It is soothing, and relaxing.  And I can definitely use some of that in my life!

I hope this new year is treating you well so far.  I am finally beginning to feel almost back to normal after fighting a severe sinus infection/virus since Thanksgiving.  I even feel like venturing outside of the house again.  If only the weather will cooperate now, and turn a little warmer.

Blessings,



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!