Thursday, July 20, 2017

Enjoy The Sweet Things Challenge Card

One of my favorite stamp sets for making summer-time cards is this sweet 'Refreshments' set from Impression-Obsession Stamps (WP270).  It is a clear stamp set, and has lots of images and a couple of verses.  It's so fun to stamp and color.

I made my card for the Impression-Obsession Card Challenge .  The theme there is to use summer or hot colors, so out came my yellows and oranges and pinks, oh my!  They work so well with this set, and these images sure do scream 'summer.'

I started with a white A2 card, and brushed the entire card with yellow distress ink (Tim Holtz distress inks), using my Clarity brushes.  When that was dry, I used a solid circle mask to reserve the yellow spotlight for my image, and commenced to brush on hot pink and orange inks around it.  This made a lovely spotlight for my image, which I stamped with India Ink black, and colored with Faber-Castell Polychromos colored pencils.  I stamped one of the other images and colored and fussy-cut the little balls, and added them with foam tape to the card.

Using my Misti to ensure a good image, I stamped the verse in black.  I added some sequins, and brushed the tiny drink umbrellas with my Spectrum Noir clear sparkle pen for a bit of glitter.

That's it.  Kept it simple and fun.

Thanks so much for stopping by today.  See you soon!

Blessings,

lynda



 

1 comment:

  1. I really like the layout of your card! I thought those words but probably would not have bothered posting ... I'm bad about that ... but then I saw you are from Rochester, NY! I live about an hour and 45 minutes south of you in Wellsville, and have family in Rochester so am there often. Greetings from Wellsville, NY! Sarah K

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!