Saturday, August 20, 2016

Everything's Better At The Beach!

Those lazy, hazy, crazy days of summer are winding down.  My garden is not as vibrant as it was a month ago, and many of the flowers and plants are going to seed.  The cicadas are screeching louder than ever.  Our hummingbirds and orioles have been furiously feeding, probably preparing for the pending long trip south.  Nature is superbly amazing and intricate, and every last detail has been worked out by the great artist of the world.  How blessed we are to be able to see, feel, and hear nature's sweet gifts!!

My card today is a last hurrah to summertime.  I am more than ready for fall, my very favorite season.....

These stamps were begging to be used before the end of the summer season.  I do love sunsets and sunrises at the beach, don't you?  My Ipad is full of pictures of great sunsets...no two alike, each breathtaking.

For my card, I started with an A2 white card base, and used my Clarity brushes to create the soft background, doing the same to the die cut circle and the hand-made banner while I had the brushes out.  I added a gray strip, and used craft foam to dimensionalize the circle piece, then spattered some inks for a textured look.  I stamped Impression-Obsession's Paradise Square D19185 and Everything's Better Beach B19157 with India Ink black.

I used my Faber Castell Polychromos pencils to color the paradise square.  After using colored pencils on it, the image had sort of faded a little from the pencil over the lines, so I used my Sakura micron pen to go over all the lines. This really brought it to life.  I used more craft foam to dimensionalize the square and the banner, and finished off with a couple of sequins.

I am adding my card to these challenges......

Impression-Obsession - At The Beach

Simon Say Stamp Monday Challenge - Summer Fun



Mojo Monday Sketch Challenge 

Addicted To Stamps  - Make Your Mark

Little Red Wagon - Surf's Up

That's it for today, folks.  I'm ready to call it a day.  There are wine glasses in the cupboard, calling to hubby and I.  Some wine, some Farkel on the deck, and bird watching.  Doesn't get much better than this!

Blessings,

lynda

8 comments:

  1. Lynda, as I sit at my kitchen table and read your post, I can see my browning garden and hear the cicadas chirping away, louder than ever! Your first paragraph of this post is a beautiful I summary of the end of summer as I experience it (I'm in NJ). Beautifully written! Your card is a wonderful tribute to summer -- I do love the beach (and sunsets) and your card is so sweet! Beautiful colors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Judy, for your kind comments. I truly appreciate it. It is bittersweet when summer ends, as I will miss my garden and long walks in the woods behind our home, and the beach. But, having said that, I absolutely do not like the heat and humidity we get here. And I love everything about fall....the rich earthy colors, crisp air, cooler 'sweater weather,' comfort foods, and fall layered fashions.

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful card you've created here! I thought it was so clever of you to go with a thought-provoking sunset theme, which always makes me reflect on the season's highlights. I also really liked how you mirrored the shapes of a sunset in the shapes you used to frame out your stamp. So clever! It all came together beautifully! We'll enjoy these last few days as summer as much as we can and look forward to Fall, which is equally lovely! Thank you for sharing such a wonderful creation with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lynda, you are so right, there is nothing quite like a beach sunrise or sunset. Your card reflects that beautifully. I agree with Judy, your post is beautifully written and makes me miss the changing of the seasons. Thanks so much for joining us Girlfriends at Little Red Wagon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful car and awesome coloring,love your scene...thank you for joining us at ATSM-Make your mark...hugs Željka

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is stunning!!! Beautiful job with the sunset, and I love the layout! Thanks for Making Your Mark with us this week at ATSM :)
    Susan - DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really lovely card Lynda. You have captured the sunset wonderfully. Happy to see you in the ATSM gallery. All the very best. Nandini DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this card. Your coloring on the scene image is wonderful. Everything is better at the beach! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!